In the spirit of Halloween I’m going to share some marketing tricks and treats based on some interesting articles and posts I’ve come across this week.
In other words, I’m curating content. I’ve spoken about this before. If you missed it or need a refresher you can read my article here.
First up, something ghoulish…
Drop and Drag Website Builders
Some small business owners may choose to create their website with a drop and drag builder, such as Wix, because they think it is easier and cheaper.
I’m not a fan of this method for a number of reasons, including…
- Slower website load times. If your site takes too long to appear, visitors won’t wait.
- Limited storage space. As your website grows and you add more content, you could run of space.
- Limited functionality and customization. There may be certain features you won’t be able to add.
- Templates can’t be changed. Once you’ve chosen a template you’re stuck with it. If you want to change it, you have to rebuild your website.
- Ads for the site builder may appear on your website and in your url (if you’ve chosen the free version) which looks unprofessional.
And now there is one more reason not to use Wix…
Google is currently not indexing websites created with Wix, so sites aren’t appearing in search results. That’s scary news if you built your business website on Wix.
Read the details here.
Content marketing is a business necessity today. But what exactly is content marketing?
Content marketing is communication designed to educate, entertain, persuade and build trust in order to move people to take action.
Learn more about content marketing in this post.
So now you understand the importance of content marketing, but how do you continually come up with ideas for your content?
Here’s a trick for you…create a content map.
Now the content map example in this post is for a copywriter but you can apply the concept to your business simply by creating category topics relevant to your products and services and the information your customers will find helpful.
Get the details here.
Marketing your business doesn’t have to be scary. If you need help creating your business website or creating content, contact me.