I recently read What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey.
Oprah is well known for a number of reasons, including the fact she is a gazillionaire.
One of the main reasons for her huge success is her ability to build rapport with people. She eagerly shares information and you feel like you know her. As her career has evolved her work and life have been largely focused on helping others to live their best life by being their authentic selves.
As a small business owner or professional service provider what can you learn from Oprah?
First, being authentic is like your secret sauce. It is what makes you who you are, no one else has it, and it can differentiate your business.
Second, build rapport with your clientele. Learn how you can help them and give them what they need.
People choose to do business with people they know, like and trust. If a customer or prospect feels a connection to you or that they can relate to you, they are more likely to buy from you.
The key is communicating your authenticity and building rapport with your customers and prospects.
A great way to do that…
E-newsletters are an effective marketing tool because they provide the opportunity for…
- Reciprocity. You are giving your customers and prospects valuable information they can use. The more you share, the more people feel they should give back to you as well.
- Name recognition. Keeps you in front of customers and prospects so when they need your service or product, they will think of you first.
- Engagement. Open up discussions with your customers through comments or surveys. Highlight customer success stories.
- Sharing. Provide value and your customers will share your newsletters with others via email or social media.
- Rapport. Helps customers and prospects get to know you, your business and how you can help them.
- Budget friendly. E-newsletters are cost effective to produce and send to your list and they help to grow your mailing list.
This I know for sure…e-newsletters are an effective way to boost your business.
Ready to enjoy all of the benefits a newsletter can deliver? Contact me to get started.